Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Happy First Hannah

Somehow this little miracle turned one:





My daughter is brave and beautiful and sweet and temperamental and funny and simply the most amazing thing to ever grace this green earth. She must be taking after her father.

I am not the kind of mom who gets weepy because her little baby is growing up. My children astonish me ever day. I look forward to each morning to see what they have learned, what personality quirk will come through, what utter silliness will be engaged in for the pure delight of mama and the King. While I cannot deny that my energy levels long for the pre-rolling days, my heart is in awe of what God has accomplished in this Little Man and Baby Girl.

For example: Noah read the word END. Thomas was finishing (of course. because why would we ever want to watch anything else. ever. again. until I'm sixty, and I'm trying to throw my son and his model trains out of our basement.), and big bright letters appeared on the screen: THE END. Noah pointed and declared quite matter-of-factly to me, "e - nnnnnn - Duh." And lest you think he just recognized the shape of the word and didn't really read per say, I went through all of his story books, flipped to the last page and not one of them had the words: THE END. Yes, I am raising a genius.

And yes, I'm the kind of person that will flip to the last page of over twenty children's books just to prove a point. And I might even have said "HA!" out loud as if all of his stuffed animals had been doubting me and needed to be put in their place.

For another example: Baby girl signs "all done" when she is done eating. The only problem is she believes 'all done' is some kind of magic word/movement that instantly removes any article of offense away from her and banishes it to outer darkness with the Dragon and our old Subaru. "No, sweetie-bear," I must patiently explain. "You are not all done after one bite of applesauce." Astonishment covers her tiny features. She waves her arms again just in case the magic didn't work the first time. Mommy continues to sit there still holding a spoon heaped with appley offense. Despondent that her transcendent teleporter is no longer functional, she throws her head back in a contortionist back bend with a mighty squeak of dissatisfaction.

And Hannah wants to do baby yoga,

















which is awesome.


Happy birthday Baby Girl. You are my complete joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment