Friday, June 5, 2015

30 quotes on 30

"The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits."
Theodore Roosevelt

"Yeah, but 30! You get crow's feet and chicken chin. Your nips start heading south and your bum turns to yogurt!"
Northern Exposure

"Thirty was so strange for me. I've really had to come to terms with the fact that I am now a walking and talking adult."
C. S. Lewis

"There is a difference between twenty-nine and thirty. When you are twenty-nine it can be the beginning of everything. When you are thirty it can be the end of everything."
Gertrude Stein

"At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment."
Benjamin Franklin

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own."
Bette Midler

"It is well for the world that in most of us, by the age of thirty, the character has set like plaster, and will never soften again."
William James

"All that I know I learned after I was thirty."
Georges Clemenceau

"Doctors tell me I have the body of a thirty year old. I know I have the brain of a fifteen year old. If you've got both, you can play baseball."
Pete Rose

"Everyone is the sum total of past experiences. A character doesn't just spring to life at age thirty."
Kelley Armstrong

"Don't trust anyone over thirty."
Jerry Rubin

"This country has a complex about age. It's unbelievable. If you're over thirty, you've had it in this country."
Eli Wallach

"There's an 'Everything must go!' emotional liquidation feel to the end of your twenties, isn't there? What will happen if we turn thirty and we're not 'ready?' You don't feel entirely settled in any aspect of your life, even if you are on paper."
Sloane Crosley

"My greatest enemy is reality. I have fought it successfully for thirty years."
Margaret Anderson

"A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing."
Andy Rooney

"When you turn thirty, a whole new thing happens: you see yourself acting like your parents."
Blair Sabol

"A poet more than thirty years old is simply an overgrown child."
Henry Louis Mencken

"Time and tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty."
Robert Frost

"I’m turning thirty this year. And you know the saying, a woman over thirty is more likely to get hit by a bomb than find a man."
Fanny Fink

"A man thirty years old, I said to myself, should have his field of life all ploughed, and his planting well done; for after that it is summer time."
Lew Wallace

"The body is at its best between the ages of thirty and thirty-five."
Aristotle

"A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, “What are you thinking?”. She doesn’t care what you think."
Andy Rooney.

"After thirty the world becomes softer."
Bonnidette Lantz.

"Before thirty, men seek disease; after thirty, diseases seek men."
Chinese Proverb

"Can I keep the presents and still be twenty-nine?"
Rachel - Friends

"I keep being asked about it like I'm meant to be having a nervous breakdown, and I didn't realize I was meant to be having a nervous breakdown. I've got a lot of friends in their 30's and they all seem alright, so I'm sure I'll be fine."
Keira Knightley

"Life doesn't begin at thirty it just begins to show."
Anonymous

"Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it."
Andy Rooney

"30 was the best year of my life until the next year and then the next. Every year since 30 has been the best year."
Bonnidette Lantz.

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."
Ecclesiastes 12:13

No comments:

Post a Comment