Friday, March 22, 2013

Don't talk to me

Because I know I haven't blogged in two weeks, but am too tired to think of anything. I made this list in the throes of pregnancy.

The top five things a pregnant woman doesn't want to hear:

1. "I didn't have any morning sickness at all. I just love being pregnant."
     Really, good for you; I spent the first five months thinking I might just throw up my own toes.

2. "You're glowing!"
     Are you telling me this sucker is nuclear?

3. "The day before I went into labor I taught a pilates class, and took kung fu, and ran a marathon, and won an academy award."
     Well, good for you; the day before I went into labor I ate a plate of nachos and took a nap.

4. "I delivered the baby at home in the bathtub."
     Umm... no. I want legalized opiates readily available. And I'd like to take a bath again sometime... ever.

5. "Can I touch your belly?"
     ... There's just too many retorts available for this one. I can't pick my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment