Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Splish Splash

Oh yeah, I have a blog to keep up. In all the come-on-really's and you-can't-be-serious's of this McEnroe life I forgot.

Curse that rubber ducky.

Bathtime was simple in the beginning. Fill Noah's adorable little tub with water; make sure the space heater is going; fill Noah's adorable little tub with adorable little Noah. We washed his little self; he giggled because apparently the washrag tickles. (The poor Little Man seems to have acquired his mother's ticklishness. He is doomed to years of daddy's tickling torment. Sorry Baby Bud.) We would rinse off, wrap Little Man in a towel, and be on our way to oh-my-yummy baby lotion smells. Sweet and simple.

Then came the dark times. Then came the ducky. He has four of them at our house, and another one at Nana's. One has arm wing floaties and goggles, one is white with baseball stripes, one is a pirate duck, and the other is a plain yellow ducky that screams HOT at you if the bath water is anything over 34 degrees Farenheit. There isn't one particular duck that causes my troubles. They are all weapons of splash destruction in my baby's hands.

Noah's been playing with trying to eat ducks in the bathtub for quite awhile now. Last night as I scrubbed his little back, he lunged forward for the goggle duck. He missed and his hands splash down into the tub causing a wee gyser gushing back up. It was a horrifying moment . I could see the light click on in his brain. He grinned and slapped both hands down again. A few drops spattered mommy. Within ten seconds he was kicking both feet up and splashing his hands down, and I was soaked from my knees to my neck. He squealed with delight. I desperately thought maybe he was just trying to get the duck. As I handed it to him, he shoved it out of his way and plunged his hands down again.

The damage: Mommy's shirt and pants, the corner of his bath towel, and a five foot square area of the kitchen floor and countertops. Thankfully, he missed the coffee maker. But only just barely. Maybe it's time we transition to the Little Man bath tub in the big boy bath tub. I don't really have that many outfits to splash through, unless I'm going to wear my bathing suit every time I bath my son... And right now, no one wants that.

No comments:

Post a Comment