Wednesday, January 2, 2013

First Blog: "I'm Going on an Adventure"

I had several people ask me if I was going to keep a journal or a blog while I was pregnant. Honestly, it would have been a very dull read: "Vomitted again today. Am swollen." "Vomitted again today. Am congested." "Vomitted again today. And again. Whee." It gets old after awhile. I have heard there are women who just love being pregnant. I'm sure there are psychoactive drugs for this kind of mindset. For nine months I swore Noah would be an only child. I'm still not convinced he won't be.

However, now that the morning sickness is over (still vomiting, but more on that in posts to come), and I am able to hold the most beautiful baby boy ever fashioned, I'm realizing I need to record every amazing thing he does. And there's just no space in the baby book to write that he buzzed his lips spraying mommy in the face with saliva for fifteen seconds straight. And we really need to record this for posterity. Or at least for when he is dating.

So we're going to try blogging. I like to think I'm at least a tolerably good writer, so we'll try to keep this as painless as possible. No promises are being made here. I'll probably fail to blog for months on end. There probably won't be an audience for years anyway. All I offer is that I'm going to make a valiant effort to record the comings and goings of the young Ririe household, if only to use as evidence in future court cases.

2 comments:

  1. Oh goody! I didn't blog until just before we moved here. So, basically, Garrett's first year is mostly a mystery. Good for you starting when he's so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy reading a couple of blogs and I am excited so hear about all the fun things Mr. Noah does as he grows. It's a fun reminder I am not the only hectic/crazy/emotional Mom with adorable kid(s).

    ReplyDelete